The governing body of the City of Chadron shall be the City Council, who shall exercise all the powers which have been or may be conferred upon the City by the Constitution and laws of the State of Nebraska, and the Municipal Code of the City.
Agendas & Minutes
- George Klein, Mayor
- Joseph Johndreau, Vice Mayor
- Miles Bannan, Council Member
- Mark Graves, Council Member
- Shane Shepherd, Council Member
- The City Council consists of 5 members who are elected from the city at large, as provided in Section 19-612 and Section 32-538 of the States Statutes.
- These positions are non-partisan.
- Councilmembers shall serve for terms of four (4) years or until their successors are elected and qualified.
- Either 2 or 3 Councilmembers are up for election every 2 years.
- The City Council reorganizes at the first meeting in December of each election year. At that meeting, the Council shall elect one of its members as President, who shall be ex officio Mayor, and another as Vice President, who shall be ex officio Vice Mayor.
- The members shall meet the qualifications found in Section 19-613, which states that the members of the Council shall be residents and registered voters of the City and shall hold no other employment with the City.
Type of Government
The City of Chadron is classified by Nebraska statute as a first class city. The Chadron uses a City Manager/City Council form of city government.
Council Meeting Videos
Visit the Council Media Area to view Council Meetings online.